There are plenty of ways which can help improve a kitchen space and make it durable to the so called kitchen activities and also cozy. It’s probably one of the most important places in a dwelling. Kitchen though should not be only a room for preparing meals and eating. It has to be as useful to the everyday activities as any other room in the premise.
That’s why no matter you want it or not a kitchen like any other room may need of some improvements.
Some improvements may cost much, but some may cost only your time and efforts for the task. You decide which one is for you.
So here are some well-considered tips, which can help you in the mission of reimagining and improving your kitchen space.
– Think about the storage. Since there are plenty of stuff in it, you ought to consider which is useful and which is not, because in time people tend to collect more and more stuff, that at one particular moment are actually not useful. So add some extra shelves. Perfect for storing they could be combined with metal rods and small drawers. The best part is that you will actually use the space provided from by the walls. If you cannot do it by yourself, ask a carpenter to put your small project in action.
– Update your kitchenware. Spend some hours in here to decide which utensils you need, and which you do not. Consider going into a theme-based plates, glasses and cups. Think about the material of them. Choose and use the one, most suitable for you, or the one which is strong and durable.
– Rethink the kitchen backsplash. Its purpose is not only being beautiful, but useful as well. If you are not happy with the one you have got, then you will need some little correction. Changing the backsplash of the sink you will create some additional character to your kitchen. Be inspired, think of tiles, mosaic pieces or a water-durable prints.
– Repaint! If you have got some old chairs or table, do not hurry, don’t be hasty to throw them immediately out. An old furniture may still have some life in it. So if you have got some of them retro stools, chairs or a table, get yourself some brushes and water-based paint in the colors you prefer and make yourself some masterpiece. The possibilities are limited only by imagination or the interior. There are plenty of DIY projects online which can teach what type of paint and other stuff to use. If you are afraid of ruining your favorite old-school furniture, then go on and ask a professional to do it.
– Think about the lighting One of the biggest secrets of efficient usage of rooms, in this case the kitchen is proper lightning. Think about light bulbs as well. Before you change into LED ones check if your kitchen will be well illuminated by the kind of light devices and their position in the room. A good idea is to bring focal lightning piece which can break the monotony. But if your place is not from the biggest ones, keep it minimalistic. No one ones an enormous chandelier waving above the heads while having a meal.
– Organize everything, everywhere. Start with the drawers. If you find difficulties in storing everything you need in your kitchen, first try to r rearrange all the stuff you possess and then start to throw out. Try to keep each and every part of the utensils in order. This way you won’t forget its place and will have the ability to store other things at a concrete free places. For the purpose use organizers for drawers. You can use compatible boxes as well. Divide different utensils on separate places.
– Put some memos on the fridge doors of the cabinet and drawer’s doors. Another cool way is to adjust thin magnetic plate on some wall. Which you could use as a memo board and save recipes, information or funny jokes for you and the family. Why not use black acrylic paint with abilities to be drawn over it and then erased. This way you will create a perfect space, useful and good-looking.
– If you have got a pantry, don’t forget about it for no reason. If you ain’t got one, then use some of the cabinets and turn it into pantry. It will handle all the ingredients, canned goods and food. If you store something handmade, do not forget to put some labels on the boxes and the jars. But if you already have a pantry, do not forget to take good care of it. Keep it clean, dust it and if needed repaint it, so it will look adorable, not only useful.
– Last but not least think about some piece of art, if you are a fan of course. Pop-culture and pop-art offers quite awesome pieces which can liven up the atmosphere as we speak with colors and manner.