The garage is not only the place where we keep our cars, and it is not only the place to store the tools and the things that we do not to throw. It is also not only the place for a teenage rock band practices. It has one other very popular function – the one of the ultimate man cave. This multi-tasking premise can have just a basic design or can offer you a very comfortable interior.
What can the garage be turned into?
Well, this depends on the budget and the interests of the person. It also depends on the size of the garage.
- The garage can be turned into a display zone for your collection. May be you are collecting classic car models or you are buying records from all over the world, it doesn’t matter since you will finally have a place to display your precious belongings.
- The garage can be the place to practice your hobby. If you love to paint or you love to repair bikes or various broken things, this is our place to do so.
- The garage can be turned into a fitness or practice room.
- You can use the garage for playing cards with friends or installing a billiard table. You can also install a big screen TV and watch the football games there.
- Installing a kitchen or simply a bar in the garage is also a good idea. In this way you and your frineds will feel comfortable and take whatever you need from the cupboards with no ned to cross the entire house to get a knife or another glass.
The Questions to be Asked Before You Transform Your Garage
Before you start the renovations, ask yourself the following questions:
- What is your idea for this place?
- How much time you plan to spend in the space?
- What do you plan to have in the space?
- How many people you plan to invite there?
- What do you prefer – a cozy place to relax or an entertainment premise?
Once you answer these five questions, keep in mind the budget and then find a contractor or do the renovation yourself. Whatever you decide to do, do not go far from the main idea – to turn this place into a man cave, a place where you will feel comfortable and relaxed, doing the things you love most.