Kids – we all love them, no matter the mess that sometimes they manage to scatter around the dwelling. We all know that children should be very well protected even when they are at home. And one of the best ways to improve the quality of their room and make it safer for playing around is to prepare the space with the necessary and safe flooring ideas.
It’s important having in mind that little kids often play on the ground, so the floor should be not only warm during cold months but also safe for the little ones.
Which are the most important things that you should consider before changing the floor in the kids’ room for good?
- Comfort – that includes warmth and level of softness of the material. Nobody is a great fan of the hard floor, especially parents who are too worried about their children and their ways of having fun. So stone flooring is not a great option for this place. Therefore think about softness;
- Ability for cleaning – Grown people do messes, but kids do even more. Literally. When thinking about the new flooring ideas imagine something that is not too expensive or too hard to be cleaned. It doesn’t sound OK, right? So when choosing the right material think about the one which is going to be cleaned easily;
- Durability in the flooring ideas – The new floor material should be sustainable to all kinds of practical harms. These could be scratches, gouges, dents and all other kinds of problems that could damage the surface of the flooring;
- Sound proofing the floor. It is an important thing to do, because sound manages to transmit through hard material even through floors.
The best materials for the children’s room flooring ides:
- Carpet flooring ideasIt’ definitely a classic idea, which is pleasant not only for the kids but even to the parents. The soft carpet will make the floor safer for the kids’ playtime and will create warmer atmosphere. You can adjust a smaller than the floor area one, or the best choice is to install a wall-to-wall option. It will bring high comfort but it could be a bit harder to clean, but hey – there is always the service of the vacuum cleaner, isn’t it? Nevertheless this is a great flooring idea and a choice for homes, where children are playing around.
- Cork flooring ideasIt is both soft and easy to be cleaned. But if it is permanently put on stains it will eventually have hard-to-clean spots on it. So if there is some spill or other spot, you should probably clean it immediately.
And do not worry – cork comes in very different designs and looks, which can be useful when you are playing with the design of the room and have to match or contrast some things with others.
- Wood or laminate flooringCombined with carpet or a rug is a classic flooring idea for sure. If the floor at your home is a hard-type you can always improve it with a simple decision by laying a carpet or a soft rug over it. It is definitely a perfect combination which is both beautiful and safe-proof for the kids’ room. Remember to choose an easy-to-clean one that could be vacuumed easily.
Floor heating with hard flooring ideas
Topping the radiant floor heating with a hard floor is a way to improve the warmth comfort in the kids’ room. Is you have already installed a heating system of this type you should choose carefully the upper part of the floor. A good decision in this case is engineered wood flooring, vinyl solid wood floorings and laminate flooring.
Pairing these types of materials and heating system brings the joy in your home, the comfort and also the higher safety level for the kids.
- Laminate flooring ideasWhen these types of flooring materials are adjusted, there is a technical specification, which uses underlayment of foam. This way your floor becomes softer and a bit bouncy, which will be great for the child’s playtime.